Simone Biles Undergoes Medical Procedure Less Than Two Months After Near-Fatal Health Scare

Picture of Simone Biles At Red Carpet
Source: U News
Nearly two months after Simone Biles shared that she had experienced a near-fatal health emergency, the gymnast revealed that she and her husband Jonathan Owens spent his birthday in a medical office.
Simone Biles has her biggest cheerleader by her side.
More than a month after the seven-time Olympic gold medalist shared that she was recovering from a near-fatal medical emergency, she had her husband Jonathan Owens with her during her most recent health appointment on July 22.
"His birthday but takes me to get my procedure," Biles praised in a July 23 Instagram Story, which included a selfie of herself in a hospital gown and a bouffant cap with her husband. "I woke up singing BossMan Dlow 'talk my s--t.'"
Although the gymnast didn't share more information about her medical visit, she did reveal how the Indianapolis Colts player—whom she wed in April 2023 prioritized her ahead of the appointment.
Alongside a photo of a massive pink and purple bouquet of flowers complete with lilies, roses and hydrangeas she wrote, "I got back from DR the night before his bday & he SURPRISED ME WHAAAATT."
Biles' latest health update comes after she shared on her Instagram Story June 6 that "almost dying wasn't on my bingo card."
And it was especially scary since Owens, 31, wasn't home during the incident.
"This was one of, if not the scariest experience of my life," she explained, "especially since Jonathan was in Indy for practices."
However, Biles proved that she was on the mend, adding, "I've been in bed resting this week, I’ll explain sooner or later but s/o to my close circle who reached out, checked in, visited & or sent flowers."
But don't expect the 29-year-old to get candid about the situation just yet. After a fan commented on a separate Instagram post in June asking for an update, she responded with a bandaged heart emoji, "not ready to talk about it just yet."
Biles is no stranger to health, having previously reflected on the toll competing at the 2024 Olympics in Paris had taken on her body.
"I went back to the village, I took the elevator and my body literally collapsed. I was sick for 10 days," she told French sports outlet L'Equipe in April 2025. "The other day, we were sprinting in the garden with friends, I had aches and pains for three days."
As Biles continues to heal, keep reading for a closer look at more celebs who've shared their own health journeys.
Don't Miss This 👇
Prince George Turns 13: New Portrait Reveals His Uncanny Similarity to Prince William